Acceptable Usage Policy
This AUP governs the use of Sharedspace Hosting Solutions service. Violation of this AUP may result in suspension or termination of your service. In the event of a dispute between you and Sharedspace Hosting Solutions regarding the interpretation of this AUP, Sharedspace Hosting Solutions interpretation, in its reasonable commercial judgment, shall govern. If you have any questions regarding this AUP, please contact Sharedspace Hosting Solutions.
If you have any questions regarding this Acceptable use Policy, please contact Sharedspace Hosting Solutions.
1. Offensive Content.
You may not publish or transmit via Sharedspace Hosting Solutions service any content that Sharedspace Hosting Solutions reasonably believes:
- constitutes child pornography;
- may cause lack and/or instability of the servers performance;
- constitutes any other kind of illegal pornography;
- is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, or contains harassing content, hate speech or racism;
- is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes;
- is defamatory or violates a person's privacy;
- creates a risk to a person's safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security, or interferes with a investigation by law enforcement;
- improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person;
- is intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections;
- clearly infringes on another person's trade or service mark, patent, or other property right;
- constitutes warez, cracks, serials, keygens, snuff material, spam or other utilities to cause disruption to another internet user, service or any other parties, proxies or similar tools to mask internet identities are also strictly prohibited;
- promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal gambling, or illegal arms trafficking;
- is otherwise illegal, pirated, nulled or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to Sharedspace Hosting Solutions; or
- is otherwise malicious, fraudulent, or may result in retaliation against Sharedspace Hosting Solutions by offended viewers.
Content "published or transmitted" via Sharedspace Hosting Solutions service includes Web content, e-mail, bulletin board postings, chat, and any other type of posting or transmission that relies on any internet service provided by Sharedspace Hosting Solutions.
You must take reasonable security precautions. You must protect the confidentiality of your password, and you should change your password periodically.
3. Bulk Commercial E-Mail.
You must obtain Sharedspace Hosting Solutions advance approval for any bulk commercial e-mail, which will not be given unless you are able to demonstrate all of the following to Sharedspace Hosting Solutions reasonable satisfaction:
- Your intended recipients have given their consent to receive e-mail via some affirmative means, such as an opt-in procedure;
- Your procedures for soliciting consent include reasonable means to ensure that the person giving consent is the owner of the e-mail address for which the consent is given;
- You retain evidence of the recipient's consent in a form that may be promptly produced on request, and you honour recipient's and Sharedspace Hosting Solutions requests to produce consent evidence within 72 hours of receipt of the request;
- The body of the e-mail must describe how the e-mail address was obtained, for example, "You opted in to receive this e-mail promotion from our Web site or from one of our partner sites," and information on how to request evidence of the consent, for example, "If you would like to learn more about how we received your e-mail address please contact us at abuse@**yourdomain.com**;
- You have procedures in place that allow a recipient to easily revoke their consent - such as a link in the body of the e-mail, or instructions to reply with the word "Remove" in the subject line. Revocations of consent are honoured within 72 hours, and you notify recipients that their revocation of their consent will be honoured in 72 hours;
- You must post an abuse@**yourdomain.com** e-mail address on the first page of any Web site associated with the e-mail, you must register that address at abuse.net, and you must promptly respond to messages sent to that address;
- You have the means to track anonymous complaints;
You may not obscure the source of your e-mail in any manner. Your e-mail must include the recipients e-mail address in the body of the message or in the "TO" line of the e-mail; and
- You otherwise comply with the CAN SPAM Act and other applicable law.
These policies apply to messages sent using your Sharedspace Hosting Solutions service, or to messages sent from any network by you or any person on your behalf that directly or indirectly refer the recipient to a site hosted via your Sharedspace Hosting Solutions service. In addition, you may not use a third party e-mail service that does not practice similar procedures for all its customers.
Sharedspace Hosting Solutions may test and otherwise monitor your compliance with its requirements, including requesting opt-in information from a random sample of your list at any time.
4. Unsolicited E-Mail.
You may not send any unsolicited e-mail, either in bulk or individually, to any person who has indicated that they do not wish to receive it.
You must comply with the rules of any other network you access or participate in using your Sharedspace Hosting Solutions services.
5. Internet Abuse.
You may not engage in illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behaviour, including:
- Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures (including those belonging to Sharedspace Hosting Solutions and its customers) without express authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- Monitoring data or traffic on any network or system without the authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks;
- Use of an Internet account or computer without the owner's authorization, including, but not limited to Internet scanning (tricking other people into releasing their passwords), password robbery, security hole scanning, and port scanning;
- Forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail or a newsgroup posting;
Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against the Sharedspace Hosting Solutions network; or
- Use of Sharedspace Hosting Solutions network in a way that unreasonably interferes with Sharedspace Hosting Solutions other customer's use of the network.
6. Material Protected by Copyright.
You may not publish, distribute, or otherwise copy in any manner any music, software, art, or other work protected by copyright law unless:
- you have been expressly authorized by the owner of the copyright for the work to copy the work in that manner;
- you are otherwise permitted by established United Kingdom and United States copyright law to copy the work in that manner.
Sharedspace Hosting Solutions will terminate the service of repeat copyright infringers.
7. Copyright Infringement Notice (Digital Millennium Copyright Act)
If you believe your copyright is being infringed by a person using the Sharedspace Hosting Solutions network, please e-mail your written notice of copyright infringement to: email@example.com
Your notice must include the following:
- A electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted words at a single site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Sharedspace Hosting Solutions to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Sharedspace Hosting Solutions to contact you, such as an e-mail address, telephone number, and, if available, a street address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
You must have valid and current information on file with your domain name registrar for any domain hosted on the Sharedspace Hosting Solutions network. When talking to any member of staff whether it be written or oral, respect must be given, any user offending a member of staff may have their service suspended or terminated. Any questionable behaviour may be reported to the appropriate authorities as well as termination of services, if applicable.
Sharedspace Hosting Solutions is under no duty, and does not by this AUP undertake a duty, to monitor or police our customers' activities and disclaims any responsibility for any misuse of the Sharedspace Hosting Solutions network.